Survey of Owners
From 2000-2011, CMAA collaborated with FMI to conduct annual surveys of capital construction project owners. The purpose of these surveys was to measure the issues and trends of greatest concern to owners. After a four-year absebce, CMAA has returned with an all-new Survey of Owners for 2015! Access to the entire CMAA Foundation supported research library can be found below:
- 2015 Survey of Owners
- FMI/CMAA Twelfth Annual Survey of Owners (2011)
- FMI/CMAA Eleventh Annual Survey of Owners (2010)
- FMI/CMAA Tenth Annual Survey of Owners (2009)
- FMI/CMAA Ninth Annual Survey of Owners (2008)
- FMI/CMAA Eighth Annual Survey of Owners (2007)
- FMI/CMAA Seventh Annual Survey of Owners (2006)
- FMI/CMAA Sixth Annual Survey of Owners (2005)
- FMI/CMAA Fifth Annual Survey of Owners (2004)
- FMI/CMAA Fourth Annual Survey of Owners (2003)
- FMI/CMAA Third Annual Survey of Owners (2002)
- FMI/CMAA Second Annual Survey of Owners (2001)
- FMI/CMAA First Annual Survey of Owners (2000)
The CMAA Foundation has also conducted three research projects focused on showing the value of construction management (CM). The goal of this research is to provide construction managers with solid data demonstrating the value of CM/PM for projects of all kinds.
Owners Risk Reduction Techniques Using a CM
Conducted by Ali Touran, Ph.D., P.E. of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Northeastern University.
Comparative Analysis of Total Project Costs with vs. without a CM
Conducted by a joint research team from the University of Southern California and the California State University at Long Beach
Schedule Acceleration Techniques Using a CM
Conducted by a team from Virginia Tech.
2007 CMAA Comparison of Construction Management and Program Management Costs
CMAA contracted with FMI Corporation to conduct a study focused on current trends of construction management and program management fees across market segments. This study is available for purchase in the CMAA Bookstore.
The CMAA Foundation accepts a variety of contributions to strengthen the CM industry’s position in the marketplace, including unrestricted gifts, sponsorships, multi-year pledges and planned giving options. Learn how to make a tax-deductible donation.
Careers in CM
Construction Management as a Career
Download Foundation’s New CM Career Brochure